About me

Prayer: Spiritual Activism


“I will pray no prayer where I am not willing to be your solution to the problem.” so says Erwin McManus in his preach called Prayer: Spiritual Activism. You should listen to the preach and you can hear it here http://mosaic1.edgeboss.net/download/mosaic1/rapid-advance/audio/03-rapid-advance.mp3 .

This preach gets me so amped about God and prayer and following him. Erwin looks at the story when the Prophet Elijah went head-to-head with the Prophets of Baal on Mount Carmel, you can read the passage here http://niv.scripturetext.com/1_kings/18.htm .

“I will pray no prayer where I am not willing to be your solution to the problem.”

What a profound statement. So often we pray that God will change our country, transform our town, show his love to our family, look after the Japanese after the earthquakes. Then we just go to sleep, not putting up our hands, not stepping out, we just 'leave God to do what He needs to do'. Maybe what God needs us to do is get off the couch and into the world.

We need to change. We need to become a people who do more than pray, instead we stick up our hands and follow Him. Sometimes we won’t be the solution to the problem, but it is our willingness that God seeks. We need to have the courage to stand up and say “here I am send me”.



Connect with Michael-John
If you'd like to connect with me follow me on twitter at @MJPhillip , and on Google + by going through to my Google Plus page.

1 comment:

  1. absolutely, sometimes saying a prayer is the insurance we make against having to act because now i feel like my duty is done and i can leave the acting to God, or someone else... nice one.

    ReplyDelete