About me

A quick thought about leading

I went onto Jon Acuff’s blog recently (the guy who wrote Stuff Christians Like), and one of his blog posts was about how good leaders celebrate. That a good leader shows others when a job is well done, and almost gives them permission to also be stoked.

I realized that I don’t do that at all. I’m not big on celebrating anything or receiving praise for anything I’ve done. I’m quite British you see and we like to keep our emotions in check (until we watch football or decide to go looting). We’d rather just drink tea and potter away.

So pretty much I’m saying that if you’re not a celebrator, like me, you should change. I’m starting to change and am going to try this celebrate thing, because being a leader is not about being devoid of stokedness.

Connect with Michael-John If you'd like to connect with me follow me on twitter at @MJPhillip , and on Google + by going through to my Google Plus page.

No comments:

Post a Comment